Filling An Order-- Beginning to End

In case you've ever wondered what I do to complete an order, I decided to create this post and document the progress of me filling a large order.

The first thing I do is put all information on an index card. I'm able to keep track of what I have completed and what needs to be done to finish the order. For the order today, there were twelve items that I needed to make (YES... this is considered a VERY large order)!!

The first thing that I do is research some clip art pictures to get some ideas. The theme today is rainbows and sunflowers. The customer said I could put them together, do them separately, whatever I wanted to do was fine with her. BTW- I LOVE customers that have so much faith in me and let me be as creative as I'd like!! It makes it so much fun to fill an order!!

Here's the first thing I did... the "Today's Date" poster.
 
I started with  the letter T and made it into a crayon. 

Then I had the word "Today's" done. I alternated between crayons and pencils

This is the sign without color...

 
This is the finished sign

The next item was the Fairness Poster. I started by putting a sunflower in each corner of the poster:

 
Black and white

Then I wrote out all the words

This is the finished poster

Next was the Spelling List sign:
I actually started this one twice because I didn't like the first one

Adding color is the fun part!

I trimmed this one and love the finished look!

Next was the "Turn In Work Here" sign:
I didn't know that this would take as long as it did (over 45 minutes)!!

I wrote "Turn in Work Here" in black, styled the print, and then went around each letter with each color of the rainbow

Now it's starting to look neat!

Holy smokes... almost done!

The finished product!

I had to take a break after that one... and when I came back, I did the When You Arrive poster and forgot to do "before" pictures. Here's the finished poster though:

Next was the Vocabulary Words sign:


Then I printed something from my computer (easy-peasy), and started the "Our Hopes and Dreams" poster:
I wanted a rainbow coming out of the pot-of-gold... but I wasn't sure how it'd look

Hmmm...

Not too bad...

I actually like the finished product!

I couldn't believe how close to being finished I was! I did the two small labels next:


Then I did the "Explore A Good Book Here" poster...
You can see how the letters go from bland...

To Bold!!!

Lastly, I finished the order with the "Welcome to 3-Hill" poster!


Fun, fun, fun!!
:)
Cat

0 comments:

Post a Comment